The “Alexandru Dragomir” Institute for Philosophy was founded in 2009 under the auspices of the Romanian Society for Phenomenology, as a private and independent Research Institute, aiming to stimulate the high-quality philosophical research, with a special interest on phenomenology, hermeneutics and history of philosophy. Interdisciplinary research projects are also welcome, provided that a philosophical dimension is essential. The Institute works by carrying out research grants won by competition, or funded from public or private, national or international sources.
Hiring researchers at the Institute is based solely on winning research grants. Initial composition of a team of researchers, and its modification is at the discretion of the research project coordinator. Any advanced researcher in the field of philosophy, with a Ph.D. in philosophy and relevant international publications, may propose a research project to be developed at the Alexandru Dragomir – Institute of Philosophy. The proposal must include an extensive overview of the project, the research team involved, funding sources targeted, multi-annual budget, and expected academic results.
There are currently 3 research projects carried out in our Institute:
1 EXPLORATORY RESEARCH PROJECT (PCE “IDEAS”):
- 2011-2015: Brentano’s Psychology and the Problem of Intentionality of Sensuous Acts (Project director: Dr. Ion TÄ‚NÄ‚SESCU)
1 YOUNG RESEARCH TEAMS GRANT (TE):
- 2013-2016: Theories and Practices of Prayer in Late Antiquity – 2nd-6th centuries (Project director: Dr. Andrei TIMOTIN)
1 POSTDOCTORAL GRANT (PD):
Past projects carried out in our Institute:
2 YOUNG RESEARCH TEAMS GRANTS (TE):
- 2010-2013: The Body In-Between. An Interdisciplinary Approach to an Integral Theory of Corporeal Phenomena (Project director: Dr. Cristian CIOCAN)
- 2010-2013: Habitus, Memory, Sediment: Facets of a Phenomenological Approach to Tradition (Project director: Dr. Christian FERENCZ-FLATZ)
3 POSTDOCTORAL GRANTS (PD):
- 2011-2013: Dileme morale în jurnalismul online (Director de proiect: Dr. Victor POPESCU)
- 2011-2013: Înțelegerea celuilalt și interpretarea sinelui. O hermeneutică interdisciplinară a alterității culturale pornind de la Heidegger și Malinowski. (Director de proiect: Dr. Gabriel CERCEL)
- 2011-2013: Provocările unei fenomenologii a uitării. Perspective asupra failibilității umane (Director de proiect: Dr. Paul MARINESCU)